This issue is fixed for me. Leaving the below solution here for others.

=====

Step A:

Comment out "Install shellcheck" section that installs Cabal in below file.

/dev-support/docker/Dockerfile

The hadoop env setup completed successfully though it complained about low
memory (2 GB min required)

Step B:

So uncomment above lines and instead increased the memory allocated to the
vm via Vagrant config.

1.

Add below in Vagrantfile

config.vm.provider "virtualbox" do |vb|

    # Customize the amount of memory on the VM: 3 GB

    vb.memory = "3072"

  end

2. ~$ vagrant reload

3. ~$ vagrant ssh
4. In the hadoop folder inside the ubuntu, type

~$ ./start-build-env.sh

This should now create the hadoop build env successfully without any error
and the overhead is ~ 1GB memory leaving ~2GB free.

Thanks,
Arun

--
Regards,