Hi Sidhart,

When you read data from HDFS using a framework, like MapReduce, blocks of a
HDFS file are read in parallel by multiple mappers created in that
particular program. Input splits to be precise.

On the other hand if you have a standalone java program then it's just a
single thread process and will read the data sequentially.

--

[image: http://]

Tariq, Mohammad
about.me/mti