Hi all,

>After setting *dfs.replication=2 *, I did a clean start of hdfs.
This should not changed anything. The dfs.replication value is only used
for the new files, the existing files keep their own value.
https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.7.3/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-hdfs/hdfs-default.xml
If you want to change the replication factor for existing files you have to
use the setrep command :
https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.4.1/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/FileSystemShell.html#setrep

I think that the real change was to add 2 more datanodes that increase the
workload distribution.

Regards,
Philippe

Philippe Kernévez