Hi Jaxon!

MapReduce is just an application (one of many including Tez, Spark, Slider
etc.) that runs on Yarn. Each YARN application decides to log whatever it
wants. For MapReduce,
https://github.com/apache/hadoop/blob/27a1a5fde94d4d7ea0ed172635c146d594413781/hadoop-mapreduce-project/hadoop-mapreduce-client/hadoop-mapreduce-client-core/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapred/MapTask.java#L762
logs which split is being processed. Are you not seeing this message?
Perhaps check the log level of the MapTask.

For the other YARN applications, the logging may be different.

In any case, for all the frameworks, if the file is on HDFS, the hdfs audit
log should have a record.

HTH
Ravi