Hi Kevin!

I'm not sure my reply will be entirely helpful, but here goes.

The ResourceManager either proxies your request to the ApplicationMaster
(if the application is running), or (once the application is finished)
serves it itself if the job is in the "cache" (usually the last 10000
applications) or redirects to the MapReduce JHS if its a MapReduce job.

I doubt that kerberization has any role to play other than the original
AuthenticationHandler. Things should work just as without kerberos.

HTH
Ravi