Hi,

  I would like to use compression support available in native libraries. I
have tried to google but couldn't know how can I use the LZ4 compression
algorithm for compressing the data I am writing to the HDFS files I am
writing from my C++ code?

Is it possible to get the data written in compression mode automatically
without having to compress it in our code? Like, select some compression
option while opening or creating an HDFS file from our code, and just write
to it using hdfsWrite() and can it underneath take care of compressing it
before writing to the disk/file system?

Thanks,
Kishore