Hi All,

Is there an existing API which will retrieve the number of physical cores
available in the worker nodes of the cluster(not sure about the term
physical cores, but essentially actual number of cpu cores as opposed to
vcores) ?

I was not able to find any in RM or NM APIs for 2.8, so if it really is not
available, how would you suggest I proceed - my best guess would be a
distributed shell-like application with an AM that would run one container
per node on all nodes and essentially execute "nproc --all".

I'm exploring my options right now so anything related to physical cores
will be helpful, whether it's total cores at cluster level or at a worker
level and whether it is the number of physical cores available to yarn or
the total irrespective of yarn config.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Shashank