Hi Kumar,
It seems like the fix for this bug addresses the root cause of the problem,
but doesn't seem to help when the NameNode already suffers this problem.
I would suggest you to download Hadoop 2.7.2, add a try catch block to
catch/swallow the NPE exception. Rebuild it and see if the NameNode can
start and check point properly & restart again.