Hi,

I've got a question about behavior we're seeing.

Two queues: Preemption enabled, CapacityScheduler (happy to provide more
config if needed), 50% of resources to each

Submit a job to queue 1 which uses 100% of the cluster.
Submit a job to queue 2 which doesn't get allocated because there are not
enough resources for the AM.

I'd have expected this to trigger preemption but it doesn't happen.
Is this expected?

Second question:
Once we get the second job running it only gets three containers but
requested six. Utilization at this point is still "unfair" i.e. queue 1
~75% resources, queue 2 ~25% resources. We saw two preemptions happening to
get to this 25% utilization but then no more.

Any idea why this could be happening?

Thank you!

Lars