Hello!

I am currently provisioning a P2P peer network (there are already a couple
of live networks that have been created, but we do not want to test this in
production, fo course).

In this p2p network, I was looking at the best ways in which one could
distribute file storage (and access it to) in an efficient manner.

The difference between this solution & Bittorrent (DHT / mainline
DHT), is *that
all of the files that are uploaded to the network are meant to be stored
and distributed*.

Putting the complexities of that to the side (the sustainability of that
proposal has been accounted for), I am wondering whether Apache Hadoop
would be a good structure to run on top of that system.

*Why I Ask*
The p2p structure of this protocol is absolutely essential to its
functioning. Thus, if I am going to leverage it for the purposes of storage
/ distribution, it is imperative that I ensure I'm not injecting something
into the ecosystem that could ultimately harm it (i.e., DoS vulnerability).

*Hadoop-LAFS?*
I was on the 'Tahoe-LAFS' website and I saw that there was a proposal for
'Hadoop-LAFS' - which is a deployment of Apache Hadoop over top of the
Tahoe-LAFS layer.

According to the project description given by Google's Code Archive, this
allows for:

"Provides an integration layer between Tahoe LAFS and Hadoop so Map Reduce
> jobs can be run over encrypted data stored in Tahoe."

Any and all answers would help a ton, thank you!

Sincerely,
Buck Wiston