Hi,

My cluster is up and running after its two namenodes ran out of disk space.
It's mostly happy except that the currently active namenode isn't recording
edits to disk. I don't see any modifications to the edits_inprogress file
and no new fsimage files are being recorded.

If I enter safe mode and try to run "hdfs dfsadmin -saveNamespace" I get:

java.io.IOException: No image directories available!

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSImage.saveFSImageInAllDirs(FSImage.java:1218)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSImage.saveNamespace(FSImage.java:1162)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSImage.saveNamespace(FSImage.java:1132)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.saveNamespace(FSNamesystem.java:4494)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNodeRpcServer.saveNamespace(NameNodeRpcServer.java:1270)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.saveNamespace(ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.java:873)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.proto.ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos$ClientNamenodeProtocol$2.callBlockingMethod(ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos.java)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Server$ProtoBufRpcInvoker.call(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:528)

        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$RpcCall.run(Server.java:999)

        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$RpcCall.run(Server.java:927)

        at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
Method)

        at java.base/javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:423)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1730)

        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:2915)

The standby namenode won't start and attempts to bootstrap it fail with:
"Could not find image with txid ..."

I'm concerned that if I restart the running namenode all edits since it
stopped recording to disk will be lost.

Is there anything I can do to resolve?

Thanks,

Whitney