>Am I correct in understanding then that Aggregate WordCount and WordCount
do the same thing, apart from the fact that the Aggregate WordCount example
uses the Aggregate framework of Hadoop?
That's what I feel and the output of both are same as well. The description
of both also seems to be saying that:

  *aggregatewordcount*: An Aggregate based map/reduce program that counts
the words in the input files.

&

  *wordcount*: A map/reduce program that counts the words in the input
files.

BTW. I have created a Jira and raised a PR for this:

Once it gets reviewed, you can try patching it or wait for 3.4.0
release(not anytime soon).

Thanx...

-Ayush