Hello,

As operating systems (e.g. AL2023) start to migrate from cgroup v1 to
cgroup v2, I wonder if there's any plan to support cgroup v2 in Yarn.
Specifically, I noticed that in Yarn, relevant classes like CGroupsHandler
 and CGroupsHandlerImpl has assumptions based on cgroup v1 filesystem
hierarchy (e.g. /sys/fs/cgroup/<resource>/<group name> ) which is no longer
true in v2 (changed to something like /sys/fs/cgroup/<group name>/<resource>)
per https://www.man7.org/linux/man-pages/man7/cgroups.7.html among other
breaking changes. And this is impacting GPU plugin bootstrap and limiting
CPU usage with CgroupsLCEResourcesHandler.

Do people workaround this problem by mounting a v1 cgroup in a different
location? Is there any plan to officially support cgroup v2 (did some
research and couldn't find any)? Please let me know if I missed anything,
or I can create a Jira ticket to track this effort if needed.

Thank you!
Yan