Hi Anup,
Did you explore: -skipSharedEditsCheck, Check this ticket once [1], if
your use case is similar, little bit description can be found here
[2], search for skipSharedEditsCheck, the jira does mention another
solution as well, in case you don't like this or if it doesn't work

-Ayush

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-4120
[2]
https://apache.github.io/hadoop/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-hdfs/HDFSCommands.html#namenode