Hi Daniel,

> My concern is that if we don't take advantage of your
> coprocessor work, we will end up needing to write our
> own callback code from scratch anyway, and that doesn't
> seem to be a better choice than helping you flesh out a
> solid use case for co-processors and implement it.
>
> Thoughts?

Well yes I certainly would agree with that.

This is only about streaming edits to ES in as timely a manner as possible? Or
is there more?

If ES fails to respond, you want to commit to HBase anyway, or defer and retry?

We are not imposing any policies about API or library use in the coprocessors,
nor considering weaving any CPU or heap allocation checking/limiting code at
this time. However in the future this will change. We can avoid gotchas while
working through the details.

  - Andy