Hello,

Thanks to apurtells github repo of the hbase-ec2 i managed to start an
hbase cluster.
Everything works nicely, I can check the uis of the JT/NN and Hbase Master.

What I cant see are the ganglia metrics despite the url provided by the proxy

http://ec2-a-b-c-d.compute-1.amazonaws.com/ganglia

There was an error collecting ganglia data (127.0.0.1:8652): fsockopen
error: Connection refused

1) How can i check if even ganglia is running?

On a side note, in the hbase-ec2 scripts, all the code to run an
instance uses -k root.
I changed this to -k $EC2_ROOT_PAIR_NAME where pair name is the name
of the key I created, thus I dont
have to restrict myself to -k root. This appears to work for me.

Thanks

Joy

HBASE_VERSION=0.20.4
HADOOP_VERSION=0.20.2