On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 1:19 PM, Gökhan Çapan <gkhn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> There is another module with exactly same dependencies. This is a "has
> nothing but a main" class that performs some scans on the HBase table
> produced in the previous step.
>
> after a mvn package with dependencies and adding the hbase-site.xml above as
> a resource, with SimpleClient as main class, I couldn't java -jar
> SimpleClient.jar, it gave me the exception I have posted.

So SimpleClient.jar has its dependencies in META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
listed on the Class-Path line?  Is that how things are supposed to be
working?  If so, do you see the right set of jars and an
hbase-site.xml listed there.

In general this mechanism is flakey IIRC since its all about relative
paths; i.e. dependencies are found relative to where the program is
launched from.

St.Ack