HI Anze,

In word, yes - 0.20.4 is not that stable in my experience, and
upgrading to the latest CDH3 beta (which includes HBase 0.89.20100924)
should give you a huge improvement in stability.

You'll still need to do a bit of tuning of settings, but once it's
well tuned it should be able to hold up under load without crashing.

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera