It's a work in progress, that information is currently published by
every region server in the master cluster (since it's push
replication, not pull) through JMX under the name
"ageOfLastShippedOp". It's really not perfect though, since if it
fails to replicate and starts retrying then the age won't change but
the actual lag will go up. Also it will have to be revisited when we
add multiple slaves since you don't really want to publish the same
metric for multiple slaves... it really wouldn't work.

J-D