Hi,

I would like to see how i can attack hbase performance.

Right now i am shooting scans returning between 3 and 40 rows and
regardless of data size, approximately 500-400 QPS. The data tables
are almost empty and in-memory, so they surely should fit in those 40%
heap dedicated to them.

My local 1-node test shows read times between 1 and 2 ms. Great.

As soon as i go to our 10-node cluster, the response times drop to
25ms per scan, regardless of # of records. I set scan block cache size
to 100 (rows?), otherwise i was getting outrages numbers reaching as
far out as 300-400ms.

It's my understanding the timing should be actually still much closer
to my local tests than to 25ms.

So... how do i attack this ? increase regionserver handler count? What
the latency should i be able to reach for extremely small data records
(<=200bytes)?

(CDH3b4). HBase debug logging switched off.

Thanks in advance.
-Dmitriy