> From: Henri Chenosky <henri.cheno...@gmail.com>
> Subject: REST API doesn't support checkAndPut
> To: user@hbase.apache.org
> Date: Thursday, June 2, 2011, 9:52 PM
> It seems that HTable atomic operations (e.g., checkAndPut and
> checkAndDelete) are not supported by the current REST
> implementation.

Yes, this was a deliberate choice.

According to HTTP and REST principles you can't post a body with GET. Or, you
can, but every spec says it should be ignored. So without a body, how to know
what value to check against?

Alternatively, the value could be supplied in the request URL as an encoded
query parameter, but the GET query syntax of Stargate supports query scope
greater than single value. I thought without a clear need this would just make
the query specification more confusing.

Going forward, if this is _really_ needed then indeed the value to check could
be supplied in the request URL as an encoded query parameter, and the query URL
syntax could be hacked up a bit to make check-and-{put,delete} an option.

    - Andy