From: saint....@gmail.com [mailto:saint....@gmail.com] On Behalf Of
Stack
Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 2:16 PM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Cc: hbase-u...@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: distribution of regions to servers

Hey Geoff:

Is this a 0.90.2 (or .3) hbase?  It had some fixup done on the
balancer to make it a little more random.

Otherwise, yes, a table should be better spread about the cluster.
This has come up a few times here in the past.  The case has been
well-made by now that the balancer needs to take into consideration
the table a region is from and make an effort at distributing tables
evenly across the cluster (There is an issue for this already).

St.Ack