Good news!

I suppose there's a risk of "incoherent" backup.

I mean, with classical sql databases, online-backups ensure that the taken dataset can be restored in a state where all open transactions are committed. Even if the backup takes hours, the initial backuped data is finally updated to reflect the last transactions.

With the MR process you describe, I guess we don't have this guarantee.
Let's say, if an insert is achieved in Table_A and Table_A snapshot is already taken by the MR, we could have a Table_B snapshot that mention this last entry.

This is why I understand this process, even if fast, as a best-effort to backup the datas.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Tks,
- Eric