Current version .20.6
Upgrade target 90.3

So Hbase .20.6 uses Thrift .2 and Hbase .90.3 makes use of Thrift .5.  We
currently use the supplied ThriftServer in Hbase.

In my initial testing for the upgrade, I've not seen any issues using code that
was generated/compiled against the earlier versions of hbase/thrift and simply
pointing them at the latest ThriftServer supplied with .90.3
I don't see thrift mentioned specifically in the upgrade topic in the book, and
couldn't find any directly related topics on the mailing list, so I would like
to just verify this is the expected result.

Am I missing something subtle that could cause issues later?

Would updating client code to use Thrift .5 provide a performance (or some
other nice) improvement?

Thanks,

-Karl