Stack wrote:
On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 12:52 PM, Andre Reiter<a.rei...@web.de>  wrote:

Why is 70 seconds too long for a report?  70 seconds seems like a
short mapreduce job (to me).

You don't have that many regions.

How fast would you like this operation to complete in?

The report you describe above is predicated on looking at all data,
right?  If so, I'm not sure how you'd avoid the job taking longer the
more data you have (unless you up the parallelism and/or cluster size)

ok, 70 seconds is not really long, but, like i said, the data is growing, and
with it the process time
we would like to have it running in, lets say 30 seconds, that would be nice :-)

What do you want to filter out?  When you scan, you are working to
narrow its scope by setting time-range, famliy, etc.

the filter by setting time-range, is exactly the thing, we would like set, so
there would remain only a couple of interesting regions.
the time stamp is stored in the cell, but the filter can be defined on the key
only, right?