Thanks Amandeep.

The read/writes are random.

Random writes - Plan is to use "crowdsourcing" as the data source for these
updates so writes (primarily "updates" of values of a particular rowkey)
will be random.
Random Reads - Primarily for adhoc querying only.

Yes i could periodically perform the updates.

Did you happen to have some suggestions on the right approach to use.

On the data size, 30 million is the start size, it would be about 1 million
per week (conservative estimate)

-Vivek