Hi,

i am facing a similar problem. I Need to read a large file to put into different hbase tables. Until now i have done it with MultiTableOutputFormat directly from the Mapper. Thats works ok, but i believe it will become quite slow when i try larger files. But I thought it is a good chance to try bulk load as well and compare them because i think it can be much faster in my scenario.

It works fast and like a charm for one table. But i want to avoid reading the file a few times.

Did you finally manage to make it work? Also with the lack of "configureIncrementalLoad" in the MultiHFileOutputFormat class? I am having only one family.

Regards,
Christopher