Hello,

I want to measure requests per second for each Region Server during inserts on
a table that is spread over this Region Servers.

So during inserts I run local java app to grab the Region Server metrics:

  public void getRegionServerMetrics() throws Exception{
        HBaseAdmin admin = new HBaseAdmin(config);
        HTable table = new HTable(config, TABLE_NAME);

        Map<HRegionInfo, HServerAddress> regionInfo = table.getRegionsInfo();

        RegionServerMetrics metrics = new RegionServerMetrics();
        MetricsIntValue value =
 metrics.requests;

        while(true){
            System.out.println(metrics.toString());
            Thread.sleep(1000);
        }
    }

But it prints just:

requests=0,
 regions=0, stores=0, storefiles=0, storefileIndexSize=0,
memstoreSize=0, compactionQueueSize=0, flushQueueSize=0, usedHeap=14,
maxHeap=865, blockCacheSize=0, blockCacheFree=0, blockCacheCount=0,
blockCacheHitCount=0, blockCacheMissCount=0, blockCacheEvictedCount=0,
blockCacheHitRatio=0, blockCacheHitCachingRatio=0

Although the WebGUI of HMaster shows that there are requests for all Region
Servers.

The TABLE_NAME is equal for the inserting app and the metrics app.

Any suggestions?