On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 11:36 AM, kfarmer <kfar...@camstar.com> wrote:

> This job completes in about 8 minutes.  That's 354K rows/second for the
> cluster, 88K rows/second for the node, and 22K rows/second (or 22
> rows/millisecond) for each map task.

Its not too bad?  What you need?

> Is this performance reasonable for this hardware or does it sound like I
> need more tuning?  I've tried increasing the simultaneous map tasks, but I
> hit both memory and disk I/O bottlenecks.

You've seen the perf section in the manual?  Have you exhausted the
suggestions there?

>From afar, I'd guess disk will be your bottleneck since you have only the
one.  You could try threading in your maps to put more load if you thnk you
can squeeze more out of your cluster to perhaps use less memory so that is
not your bounding factor.

St.Ack