Hi,

I am following the quick start HBase installation based on the Apache HBase
Book, however I am not having success. I am trying to setup right now in the
standalone mode and hopefully later in pseudo-distributed mode.

Once I have .gz file unzipped, I tried to change the DIRECTORY under the
conf/hbase-site.xml as a local path. However, when I try to execute
the start-hbase.sh, I am getting the following :

SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
SLF4J: Found binding in
[jar:file:/home/hadoop/hbase/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.5.8.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]

Also, once in the shell, upon executing 'status' on the shell, I am getting the
above again and also :

client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation: Unexpected exception
during initialization, aborting
org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$ConnectionLossException: KeeperErrorCode =
ConnectionLoss for /hbase/master

Is there some setup steps that I am missing out ?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Neeral