Hi Kevin,

Here is dropbox link to the log file of region server which failed:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64149128/hbase-hbase-regionserver-ihub-dn-b1.out
IMHO, the problem starts from the line #3009 which says: 12/03/30 15:38:32
FATAL regionserver.HRegionServer: ABORTING region server
serverName=ihub-dn-b1,60020,1332955859363, load=(requests=0, regions=44,
usedHeap=446, maxHeap=1197): Unhandled exception:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.YouAreDeadException: Server REPORT rejected;
currently processing ihub-dn-b1,60020,1332955859363 as dead server

I have already tested fault tolerance of HBase by manually bringing down a
RS while querying a Table and it worked fine and I was expecting the same
today(even though the RS went down by itself today) when i was loading the
data. But, it didn't work out well.
Thanks for your time. Let me know if you need more details.

~Anil

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 6:05 PM, Kevin O'dell <kevin.od...@cloudera.com>wrote:

> Anil,
>
>  Can you please attach the RS logs from the failure?
>
> On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 7:05 PM, anil gupta <anilg...@buffalo.edu> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I am using cdh3u2 and i have 7 worker nodes(VM's spread across two
> > machines) which are running Datanode, Tasktracker, and Region Server(1200
> > MB heap size). I was loading data into HBase using Bulk Loader with a
> > custom mapper. I was loading around 34 million records and I have loaded
> > the same set of data in the same environment many times before without
> any
> > problem. This time while loading the data, one of the region server(but
> the
> > DN and TT kept on running on that node ) failed and then after numerous
> > failures of map-tasks the loding job failed. Is there any
> > setting/configuration which can make Bulk Loading fault-tolerant to
> failure
> > of region-servers?
> >
> > --
> > Thanks & Regards,