We had shifted our machines from one location to another location.

After bringing up the system,  when we started our Hadoop and HBase clusters,
we realized that clocks were out of sync and region servers would not start up.
After syncing the clock, when we restarted the cluster, we are observing that
we get error related to .META. region not being onlne.

When we look at web console of HBase, we observed that , under the heading
"Currently running tasks", we see :

Description          Status                                        Age
Master startup - Assigning META region  - 341s

Any idea what could be causing this?  We tried cleaning up the zookeeper data
and restarted the cluster, but the issue persists.

We are planning to leave the server running and check back after few hours.
Not sure whether something got corrupted when clocks were out-of-sync.

Regards,
Srikanth