Use hbase to store the data map the tables from hbase to hive to do
mapreduce sql queries. the data will be stored at the hdfs only for hbase
also and for hive also.

Two option : Write map reduce jobs to fetch data from hbase.

or map the tables of hbase to hive(Create externals tables where it will
provide you many built in functions like join, avg and many more) to get
the data from hbase. any how hive also runs mapreduce internally to fetch
the data.

And also depends on what and how much data you need to store

Regards

∞
Shashwat Shriparv

--