On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 1:05 PM, Tim Robertson
<timrobertson...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> When I run MR jobs, I don't see data locality because the TT sees
> /default-rack/c4n1.gbif.org but the TableInputFormat is
> giving /default-rack/130.226.238.181 (the same machine) when it determines
> the splits for the job.

Its doing this Tim:

http://hbase.apache.org/xref/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/mapreduce/TableInputFormatBase.html#145

On the machine launching the job, its asking what the region location
is.  What is in .META. table?  Names or IPs?  If former, then its the
resolve on the machine launching the job that is mangling it (DNS
falls back to IP if problem figuring name).  Can you mess w/ the DNS
on the machine that is launching the job?  See if you can find issue
in its DNS (This is 0.90.X?  If so, does its forward and back DNS give
same answer?  If 0.92.1, shouldn't matter).

St.Ack