From 0.92.2 to 0.94, you can´t use rolling upgrade,because the wire protocol changed in these versions. So, yo have to shutdown the cluster, install the new version, update the HBase classpath and start the cluster with
the new version

On 05/28/2012 11:16 AM, Amit Sela wrote:
 From what I read a rolling restart from 90 to 94 is not expected to work...

I was thinking of a shutdown&  restart.

If anyone did it, I'd be happy to get some pointers of what I should (and
shouldn't) do.

By the way, I'm currently running HBase with hadoop 0.20.3 - should it
affect my upgrade plans in any way ?

Thanks.

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 5:32 PM, Ted Yu<yuzhih...@gmail.com>  wrote:

Are you going to use rolling upgrade ?

Cheers

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 6:56 AM, Amit Sela<am...@infolinks.com>  wrote:

Hi everybody,

I want to upgrade my HBase cluster (currently running 0.90.2) to 0.94.

Is it possible to upgrade right away or do I need to install 0.92 first ?

If anyone already did this kind of upgrade, do you have some tips and key
notes ?

Thanks,

Amit.

10mo. ANIVERSARIO DE LA CREACION DE LA UNIVERSIDAD DE LAS CIENCIAS
INFORMATICAS...

http://www.uci.cu
http://www.facebook.com/universidad.uci

Marcos Luis Ortíz Valmaseda
 Data Engineer&&  Sr. System Administrator at UCI
 http://marcosluis2186.posterous.com
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/marcosluis2186
 Twitter: @marcosluis2186