From: Ben Kim [benkimkim...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 6:42 AM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Null rowkey with empty get operation

I have following Get code with HBase 0.92.0

Get get = new Get(Bytes.toBytes(rowkey));
get.addFamily(family);
Filter filter = new QualifierFilter(CompareOp.NOT_EQUAL, new
BinaryComparator(item));
get.setFilter(filter);
Result r = table.get(get);

System.out.println(r);  // (1) prints "keyvalues=NONE"
System.out.println(Bytes.toString(r.getRow()));  // (2) throws
NullpointerException

printing out the result shows that all columns in a row was filtered out.
but i still want to print out the row key of the empty result.
But the value of r.getRow() is null

Shouldn't r.getRow() return the rowkey even if the keyvalues are emtpy?

--

*Benjamin Kim**
benkimkimben at gmail*