Hello. This is my first post here. I've setup hbase with 2 column families
2GB heap size with memstore upper and lower set to 0.5 . I have a couple of
wide rows with 200K to 500K columns.

Upon querying the second time for the row, the memstoreSizeMB is still 0.
The block cache hit ratio is around 70% .. what doesn't make sense is why
this row is not entirely cached in memory. Basically it is taking around
200ms to get via the scanner. Is this time in the expected range? Also, why
is the memstore not caching this query result?

Thanks so much for any help in tracking this down. If there is additional
information that would be helpful, please do tell and I'll post back ASAP.

Thanks!

Cheers

Ash