IMO, the application that you are referring should be set up to impersonate
other users (called proxy-user authentication).

Have a look at
http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r1.0.3/Secure_Impersonation.html. This can
be mapped to the HBase land..

I think the class org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.User should provide an API
to create proxy users.