Hello,

I would like to understand more in-depth how fault tolerance is handled in
HBase:

1. So for each put operation an RS first writes to an HLog file and then to
the Memstore. If the RS crashes the HLog file is replayed by other servers,
correct?
My question is how is this HLog file different from a StoreFile? Why is it
faster to write to an HLog file and not write directly to a StoreFile?

2. How is fault tolerance handled for an RS with a coprocessor loaded? Will
other servers load that coprocessor if the original RS crashes? If yes,
will the HLog be replayed with the coprocessor already loaded?

Thanks in advance for the responses.
--
Sever Fundatureanu

Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam