I don't believe that there has been any reports of collisions, but if. You are
concerned you could use the SHA-1 for generating the hash. Relatively speaking,
SHA-1is slower, but still fast enough for most applications.

Don't know if it's speed relative to an MD5 and string cat, but it should yield
a smaller key.

Mike Segel