Hi Stack,
                Thanks for the reply. I looked at the code and i am having
a very basic confusion on how to use it correctly.  The code i wrote
earlier has the following input and output types and i want it that way

After looking at the sources and examples, i modified my reducer (given
below), the mapper and job configuration are still the same. Still i see
the same error. Am i doing something wrong?

 DailySumMapper extends TableMapper<Text, Text>
    KEYOUT = Text
    VALUEOUT = Text

 DailySumReducer extends TableReducer<Text, Text, ImmutableBytesWritable>

    KEYIN = Text
    VALUEIN = Text
    KEYOUT = ImmutableBytesWritable
    VALUEOUT = must be always Put or Delete when we extend TableReducer, So
we are not specifying that.

Code
 public static class DailySumReducer extends TableReducer<Text, Text,
ImmutableBytesWritable> {
        private int count = 0;
        protected void reduce(Text key, Iterable<Text>
values,Reducer.Context context) throws IOException, InterruptedException{
            long inbound = 0l;
            long outbound = 0l;
            for (Text val : values) {
                String text = val.toString();
                int index = text.indexOf("-");
                String in = text.substring(0,index);
                String out = text.substring(index+1,text.length());
                inbound = inbound + Long.parseLong(in);
                outbound = outbound + Long.parseLong(out);
            }
            ByteBuffer data = ByteBuffer.wrap(new byte[16]);
            data.putLong(inbound);
            data.putLong(outbound);
            Put put = new Put(Bytes.toBytes(key.toString()+20120804));
            put.add(Bytes.toBytes("t"), Bytes.toBytes("s"),data.array());
            context.setStatus("Emitting Put " + count++);
            ImmutableBytesWritable ibw = new
ImmutableBytesWritable(Bytes.toBytes(key.toString()));
            context.write(ibw,put);
        }
    }