Hi John

We have encountered this problem while developing one of the features.
I suggest we can raise an issue in JIRA.
The problem here is there is a thread pool executor that tries to split the
store files and it takes the no of store files as the no of threads needed
for the executor.
So for an empty region the no of store files is going to be 0 anyway.

Regards
Ram