Hi Dan

Generally if the region distribution is not done properly as per the need
then always we end up in region server getting overloaded due to region
hotspotting.

Write thro put can go down.  It is not like the coprocessor performance
alone is slow.

Please check if the regions are properly balanced.  If you are using 0.92
and above you can use the options to balance by table or balance by region
server.

Regards
Ram