I am not sure I hit your questoin, but if the data is not stored as what
you expect,
I guess it might be the problem of row key.
As we all know, the row key is sorted in a lexicographic order in HBase.
For example, 10 is before 9. So if your row key includes 1 ... 10,
it is neccessory to format the single letter by adding "0".

Best Wishes
Dan Han