>What I still don’t understand is, since both CP and MR are both
>running on the region side, with is the MR better than the CP?
For the case bulk delete alone CP (Endpoint) will be better than MR for
sure..  Considering your over all need people were suggesting better MR..
U need a scan and move some data into another table too...
Both MR and CP run on the region side ???  - Well there is difference. The
CP run within your RS process itself.. So that is why bulk delete using
Endpoint is efficient..  It is a local read and delete. No n/w calls
involved at all..  But in case of MR even if the mappers run on the same
machine as that of the region it is a inter process communication..
Hope I explained you the diff well...

-Anoop-