Hi Rams,

The description of your use case is very abstract so i will try to answer
your question to the best of my ability.

1) Whether is it good to create a single table for all the 600+ columns?
Anil: Yes, it is absolutely ok to have 600+ columns in a row in HBase (you
can go max upto few millions)

2) To have different column families for different groups or can it be
under a single column family? For example, customer address can we have as
a different column family?
Anil: Usually HBase recommends not to have many column families(not more
than 3 or 4). Having one column family is a very standard practice.
However, in some cases creating more then one CF is justified. For example
in around 95% of your lookups if you dont need to access "Customer Address"
data then it would make sense to put them into a separate column family.

HTH,
Anil Gupta

--
Thanks & Regards,