Yes, it's not useful to set the master address in the client. I suppose it
was different a long time ago, hence there are some traces on different
documentation.
The master references itself in ZooKeeper. So if the master finds itself to
be "locahost", ZooKeeper will contain "locahost", and the clients on
another computer won't be able to connect. The issue lies on the master
host, not the client.