Lsshiu,

  That is quite high.  Also, you are right on the cusp of the recommended
region size for HBase .90.  If you can make the upgrade I would recommend
upgrading to CDH4(.92) so that you can take advantage of HFilev2 and use 10
- 20GB region sizes.  If not, you can go between 4 - 10GB on .90, but
anything above 4GB is not recommended and can *greatly *impact performance.

--
Kevin O'Dell
Customer Operations Engineer, Cloudera