Ok grepping the RS logs I see nothing with 'local' in any of them.  Thanks
for that hint.

For the test I was using, I know it is data local.  Every map task launched
data local, and no regions were moving recently.

I think I've hijacked this thread enough, I'll move my issues to another.
;-)

--

Robert Dyer
rd...@iastate.edu