Ya i think that is the property that controls the archiving of the logs.
 So the other properties are wrt Log Rolling and no of logs that is needed
before rolling happens.
But these parameters determine the time taken for recovery in case of RS
failure.

Your purpose is to maintain the logs so that they dont get deleted?

IF you are using 0.94 version then you have a way to plugin your own
logcleaner class.
'BaseLogCleanerDelegate' is the default thing available.  Customise your
logcleaner as per your requirement so that you can have a back up of the
logs.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Ram